2013 DOUGHMAN Race Information
The 2013 DOUGHMAN:
Eat+run, eat+'swim', eat+bike!
Race the DOUGHMAN with a 4-person team in a relay format with each team member performing an individual eating+athletic leg culminating in a final team eating+sprint leg to the finish line. The race comprises 1 bike leg, 1 aquatic activity leg (requires some running), and 2 run legs. One vegetarian and one vegan can be included per team. Non-vegans should assume they are eating eggs and cheese.
The race route hasn't been set yet, but the two running legs are normally 1.75 to 2.5 miles, the "swim" leg is a run followed by an activity in the water (not a lap swim), and the bike route is less than 10 miles. Here's the breakdown by food type: Bike: vegetarian; run: vegan; run: omnivorous; swim: omnivorous.
DATE: Saturday, May 25, 2013
Start and Finish Line: Durham Centre Parking Lot (corner of Rigsbee and Seminary)
Start Time: 8am
Here are links to the race route in .jpg format. Please note, we will have copies of these for each race team printed out on the day of the race. These links are just to enable you to familiarize yourself with the route prior to the race.
Leg 1, Swim - omnivorous; Food from Rise: Pig in a blanket with Firsthand Foods sausage link, Freshpoint wweet potatoes, and cheddar cheese
Leg 2, Bike - vegetarian; Food from NOSH: Pimiento mac-n-cheese "cupcake" including Freshpoint kale
Leg 3, Long Run - vegan; Food from Dos Perros: Freshpoint kale and mushroom tamales
Leg 4, Short Run - omnivorous; Food from Dain's Place: "The Jurgen"-- Firsthand Foods bratwurst with gorgonzola cheese, kraut and Freshpoint jalapeños on a locally baked hotdog roll from the bread shop
- Dessert will be a short sprint through the Durham Centre parking lot with food from The Parlour (Freshpoint purple sweet potato ice cream with honey marshmallow); LocoPops (vegan strawberry lemonade paleta); Daisy Cakes (vanilla bean cupcake filled with strawberry-rhubarb compote and topped with ginger buttercream with Freshpoint strawberries and honey); and Monuts (strawberry shortcake donuts)
2013 Race Restaurants
Please NOTE: As each meal is created in a working restaurant kitchen that uses a variety of ingredients, including nuts, soy and gluten-based products, we cannot make any accommodations or guarantees for food allergies or sensitivities.
- Four team members are required to start the race.
- All racers MUST be age 18 or older.
- The race consists of eating from a local restaurant followed by either a bike ride, a run, and/or an aquatic activity.
- Each team is required to supply its own bike.
- All riders MUST have a helmet.
- No aero bars or time trial bikes are allowed.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- "Swim" participants must remove shoes and wristbands before entering the pool.
- Vomiting is strictly discouraged (and can earn you a DQ).
- Costumes are encouraged.